Saturday, October 28, 2006

Picture Catch-Up

I came across a stack of pics that I keep meaning to post... here they are, in random order.

This one is of the chicken sandwich Brad made for me a few weeks back. He has been experimenting with the George Foreman grill, and quite successfully I might add. He marinates the chicken breast in soy while it defrosts in a ziploc bag in a bowl of water. Then he grills it, chops it up, and toasts the buns as well! Quite a delish dinner.


A few weekends ago we went to a wedding of two friends of ours. Kubby is the drummer at Summit, our old church, and he and Brad played really well together. We've met Karina a few times, the first was just before they got engaged. They're awesome people destined for an incredible marriage. Plus, the wedding was really fun. I wasn't sure how things would be since we just left the church, but instead of awkwardness it was great-- the folks we knew acted like nothing had changed, and it was great to catch up with them.


This is the bag I made for our Columbus trip in September. I'm proud of the flap-- makes it feel closed without zippers or closures. I'm also proud of the strap-- I even embellished it with green grosgrain ribbon, just to be extra cute. The underside of the flap is khaki fabric, and the lining is just plain white.

For one of our last small group meetings I made bite size chocolate chip cookies. We then took little scoops of vanilla ice cream (Breyers, of course) and made sandwiches out of them. On our new little saucer-size plates. Too cute.

We had leftover cookies so we brought some over to Beth and Rico's house. Kena gnawed on it for a while until the gummy goodness was all over her hands and face, and then shoved the whole thing in her cute little mouth.


For Ralph's birthday we all got together and had family night at Ralph and Chris's house. Here's a great shot of Ralph and all the grandkids:


Tis all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this yesterday and have been craving a chicken sandwich so we went and got one at Backyard Burger today. mmmmm. I love your blog! All the pictures, yippee!!