Saturday, June 16, 2007

Feeling domestic

I've been itching to bake lately. I made a batch of cloverleaf rolls last weekend which were delicious with soup and amazing with melted garlic butter on lasagna night. This weekend I wanted to make a variation of the rolls in which less flour is added and the dough, now batter-like, is scooped into muffin cups. I was hoping they'd turn out like Bob Evans' dinner rolls, which are 80% air and 20% light and fluffy carbohydrate goodness. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out light and fluffy so I need to do a bit of research about bread and yeast. They did turn out ok, though, tasty and terribly cute as I made them in the Individual Crumb Cake Pan I love so much. Little squares of heaven. With all the carbs cravings I've been giving into, I'm less than shocked that at weigh-in this morning I was up 0.2 pounds. Gah.

No comments: