Thursday, March 27, 2008

A dorky guilty pleasure

I've come across two new time-waster websites this week, both involving my forbidden desire: cats. Oh, how I want a pet cat again. It just kills me that I am now allergic to the same cat I brought home from the humane society, who lived with ME, who I took care of. Ack. Darn allergies.

Anyway, I'm not one who likes cat t-shirts, cat items, paraphrenalia, etc., but I do enjoy the occasional peek at kitties. Here are three sites-- one old, two new, I've been peeking at this week.

1.) Cuteoverload.com Pics of cute things with baby-talk captions. Cutesy-wootsie cats, rabbits, hedgehogs, puppies, etc. Very tame and family-friendly except for the "cats in racks" category in which kitties are nestled, er, somewhere. But it's not too graphic.

2.) Cats In Sinks Just that. Click the button for another pic of a cat in a sink. That's pretty much it. But it somehow holds my attention.

3.) I Can Has Cheezburger Weird name, even weirder inside jokes, and super weird captions. Most need to be said out loud to understand. But most are cute and some are downright hilarious. Mostly just cats saying silly things. This one is most addictive to me.

Anyone else have time wasters? I feel like I hover in the same corner of the internet all the time-- gmail, school email, msnbc, news-press.com (local news), and askmetafilter.com. Google reader catches all my blog updates for me. If gmail-msnbc-askmetafilter were an actual location, say, like the corner of 5th and Main, I'd have real friends there as I'm a regular. Isn't that weird? There are other people, probably, with the same interests, same "hangouts" on the internet, but I'll never know them.

What are your hangout sites?

No comments: