Thirty. Only thirty labs left to teach for the semester. At four per day, that means seven and a half days left of the regular semester. Hooray! I started at 224 labs in January, and time is flying by! I was assigned two summer classes which will be May 11 through June 19 or so. They are two statistics classes and the schedule isn't ideal, but it's extra income and I'm thrilled about that!
Two. Plan Number Two needs to be enacted. Plan Number One, or Plan A, was to move north at the end of June and then I would take one summer school course, allowing us to live in student housing over the summer. Yesterday I learned that I can't do that. So. We are back at square one with travel and moving plans. I was saddened by the news as I had set my heart on moving July 1. Brad had the best perspective: we have been praying for guidance, and here is some guidance! And the house we're living in, which we anticipated would be sold soon and we'd have to move out in April, is still in negotiations. We have time.
Seven. If we get the summer school jobs with the residential gifted summer school program, we'll live somewhere on the east coast for seven weeks, starting in mid June. I applied and interviewed and am waiting to hear back. They said that Brad can't live on campus with me unless he is employed there, too, so we applied for him last night. It's a long shot, but could be a fun adventure. Really, anything that takes us out of south Florida in the summer heat is a fun adventure.
Seventy Three. That's our high today, and it feels like it's about 65 out right now. And breezy. I have long pants, long sleeves, but sandals on, and I'm freezing. Darn the thin blood.
One thousand seven hundred sixty six. That's how much we owed in taxes this year-- wahhh. My job doesn't take out the right taxes since I'm an adjunct, and I messed up when we worked at the computer store and had the wrong withholding. Lesson learned. But God provided! That check I picked up from my former tutoring job will more than cover this. Hooray.
Zero. Zero days until our new scanner arrives! We purchased a little scanner in order to eliminate the need for big file cabinets. It's supposed to arrive today! I'm excited!
Four thousand eight hundred. That's how much it will cost to store all of our junk for a year, at $400 a month. Yikes. So we are seriously considering selling a ton of it and starting from scratch. Bye bye, sofas. Adios, kitchen table. Some of it really pains me, but it's just stuff. Plus, our favorite thing to do is to find deals, and with a full house this early in our lives, our job is done. If we get rid of junk, we have reason to go find more deals! Yay! Our neighborhood doesn't allow garage sales, though, so this will be via craigslist only. Should be an interesting adventure!
Two. That's the number of colors my pinky toe is right now. Toes are supposed to be one color. But I stubbed it something awful, and it actually bruised the end of my toe. That's a new one. (At least it gets me out of running for a few days!)
Three. That's the number of weeks Brad has left in his program. He has one more intensive weekend at the end of April, and then c'est fini! In more good news, I did a little poking around over the weekend to look for jobs for him. I came upon a killer website, one for a placement agency that specializes in compliance jobs! They had over four hundred compliance jobs!!! We're excited about this lead!
A zillion. That's how many of our friends are having babies! It is such a season for rejoicing over Scarlet, Ellie, Isabella, Misaki, Blake... and those are just the ones that have been born already! Our new niece is asking to come out now, instead of waiting for her scheduled C-section on the 17th. It's all so very exciting and joyous.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment